Recent lessons learnt (or reaffirmed):
- Respect has to be earned
- When there is kindness and trust given, more often than not, there will be positive reciprocation
- There are always choices in life
- Be the master of your intellect - everything boils down to what your mind makes of things
- Be generous, without expectation
- Love is not selfish
- You never know yourself as well as you think you do
- A relationship between two people is a constant effort made easier with good communication and trust
- Leave behind your judgements and you will stand to gain more, even if it's just more insight into the complex nature of the human mind
- Pause to self-evaluate every so often... Sometimes when you rush for a destination, you lose sight of the real goals
- Take time out to be alone for introspection without the noise
- Things are rarely what they seem like
- Just accept when people pay compliments and give you affirmation, you bloody deserve it
- Expect the unexpected, and relax when things don't go quite as planned
- Never stop loving yourself, past abuse and mistakes does not make one a lesser person
- Accept that you are who you are, but never stop trying to be better
- Have courage to make the necessary sacrifices... they lead to bigger, better things.
- You have only one life... enjoy it fully
I guess, you could say, I am sort of, kind of, finally learning to love another person. Not in the most conventional of ways, but he has been nothing but a pillar of support to me.
Don't know how I got this lucky, but I won't question these things too much, not today.