First Post of 2013!

Sorry for the lack of updates. I've been in the holiday mood and all and wasn't in the least inclined to sit down and write, even if I do have tonnes of content I would actually put up if I could find it in me to compile them LOL.

Anyway, not a big fan of new year resolutions but here are some fairly simple ones:

  • Eat better than I already am eating. Try to incorporate more of the Paleo diet into my current diet.
  • Read more, start really working through the items on that reading-list. SO many books, so little time!
  • Exercise more, even if it means walking instead of driving that short distance
  • Improve quality of life wherever possible by making the right choices
  • Try to remember to be kinder. Live kinder. Do kindnesses. Try not to hate.
  • Move on from him. He's obviously not interested in or not capable of working on the relationship anymore. He will be fine without me.

Tonight I'll try post something more substantial, but here are a bunch of stuff I really would like to keep in mind for this year. =)

Thank you for all of you who commented here, I've not had time to get back to all of the comments, but I really do appreciate all the kind words and encouragement. I don't know who you guys are, but it's nice to know that you are following my occasional incoherent rantings here, and you care enough to leave a lengthy message wishing me well.

Happy new year to all of you, and may 2013 bring better things! 


2 comments:

David said...

Irene,

I admire your dietary goal!

The Paleo diet, assuming I understand the concept and execution, is designed to take participants back to the Paleolithic age of the caveman.

Basically, if the caveman didn’t have access to it then you aren’t supposed to allow yourself access to it either.

That means no more refined sugars of any kind, no dairy products, no grains, and no legumes.

Are you able to stay away from the above items?

Moving on from those things in life that you have no direct control over is one of your best goals.

Being kinder to all and avoiding hate will bring you more in return than you can imagine.

BTW, being kinder, by itself, will improve your quality of life.

Kindness, and the satisfaction and thanks one recieves from acts of kindness functions sort of like the endorphins one generates during vigours exercise. Hate and anger have detrimental effects on physical and mental.

That last line is something I am sure you are already aware of.

Try this, be daring and commit a random act of kindness.

Do this a few times and then report to the world the results.

Happy New Year!

David

CreativeBitchin said...

on the topic of diet, i've been on a not-too-strict one that omits many of the things a paleo diet says you can't have, so it's not too bad!

sugar and carby stuff, along with greasy, oil, legumes and dairy are the same things that trigger off pretty bad reactions from my sensitive stomach anyway, so i guess all i have to do now is to be a tiny bit stricter (i don't believe in not having the occasional cheat meals) and make more of an effort to keep to minimally processed foods preferably from organic sources.

i've lost a substantial amount of extra chub without a lot of exercise, just by modifying my diet. it's made me feel a lot less lethargic too, and seems to help with my depression... the results have been so positive overall i've more or less stuck to it fairly easily :D

it's so easy to forget to be kind in this cynical world. i really hope that i can keep it in mind more, and strive to be a nicer person.

i did a few random acts of kindnesses to end last year, and it felt good. i will probably make it a point to do at least one a month... we forget how fortunate we are sometimes, forget how to give.